It’s been a while, but here’s a few stories, ideas and links that have grabbed my attention over the last little while
1. A great little nudge that could help change behaviour by changing habits. Called Car Mode, it’s a brilliantly simple concept that I hope Apple will embrace and make happen.
2. A lovely idea from Ikea and their agency (SMFB) in Oslo. The “Built to Last” campaign helps to overcome the perception that their furniture is tasteful but cheap, while also communicating a positive sustainability message.
3. A bit of fun from Ellen in honour of The Great American Smokeout.
4. A new series of blog posts from The Guardian on the science behind behaviour change. Via the Guardian Sustainable Business division
5. A beautifully illustrated version of the Terry Gross interview with Maurice Sendak not long before his death.
6. This is a short but wonderful article again from The Guardian about the importance of harnessing passion and emotion, and driving it toward action. Life will always get in the way, so we must always help people navigate through the day to day challenges they face, and make the desired behaviour as easy as possible. We must shrink the change at all costs.
7. Wonderful video by GoldieBlox that is popping up on news feeds everywhere. They make engineering toys for girls.
8. A random bit of brilliance from Banksy that packs a punch – Sirens of the Lambs
9. More great storytelling from Google – as always, a reminder of the irresistible power of a good story.