My blogging has been a little slack lately – but with a renewed focus, I’m hoping to get going again. I thought I’d kick it off with an updated list of some of the stuff that has inspired me over the last few weeks. It might be of interest to anyone while enjoying a weekend cuppa.
1. A link to the UK Insights team and their thinking on sustainable development.
2. The Fearless Cottage blog is an “informal clubhouse” for inspired and fresh thinkers. Led by Alex Bogusky (co-founder of Common), you can catch up on how the latest generation of concerned citizens are helping drive a new era in sustainability.
3. The Guardian Sustainability blog is always a great resource
4. Great list of top 10 links on green behaviour change initiatives
5. The Natural Change Project is a fascinating report documenting the efforts by the 2011 WWF team (Scotland) to cultivate new leaders in sustainability. Nicely presented as well.
6. This article from Wired talks about how we’re inherently social animals. The influence of others change how we tell stories about the past.
7. Via the International Journal of Advertising, this is a wonderful article by Faris Yakob outlining some great books for anyone interested in marketing, communications and a deeper understanding of human behaviour.
8. The British Psychological Society’s report on the psychological impacts of childhood obesity
9. Check out The Guardian’s new and very clever Twitter-based search assistant – @GuardianTagBot. As they say “It’s rather like playing fetch with our articles, videos, galleries and audio.” I’ve tried it – works quite nicely.
10. I wrote about Chipotle’s wonderful work on an earlier post. Here’s a follow up – again, wonderful storytelling. It’s great to see a brand with a clear purpose. You can find more at www.cultivatefoundation.org
11. And finally…A wonderful video on Beauty – part of The Feynman Series.