Authenticity is one of those words that is used so often as to be almost meaningless. But I wanted to share this lovely video that profiles a farm in Italy – Corzano e Paterno. It’s wonderful. A true inspiration I think to anyone who is seeking out their true passion or calling. If you can love what you do, it doesn’t get any better.
Beautiful design and ingenuity right here. Just awesome.
It’s been a while, but here’s a few stories, ideas and links that have grabbed my attention over the last little while
1. A great little nudge that could help change behaviour by changing habits. Called Car Mode, it’s a brilliantly simple concept that I hope Apple will embrace and make happen.
2. A lovely idea from Ikea and their agency (SMFB) in Oslo. The “Built to Last” campaign helps to overcome the perception that their furniture is tasteful but cheap, while also communicating a positive sustainability message.
3. A bit of fun from Ellen in honour of The Great American Smokeout.
4. A new series of blog posts from The Guardian on the science behind behaviour change. Via the Guardian Sustainable Business division
5. A beautifully illustrated version of the Terry Gross interview with Maurice Sendak not long before his death.
6. This is a short but wonderful article again from The Guardian about the importance of harnessing passion and emotion, and driving it toward action. Life will always get in the way, so we must always help people navigate through the day to day challenges they face, and make the desired behaviour as easy as possible. We must shrink the change at all costs.
7. Wonderful video by GoldieBlox that is popping up on news feeds everywhere. They make engineering toys for girls.
8. A random bit of brilliance from Banksy that packs a punch – Sirens of the Lambs
9. More great storytelling from Google – as always, a reminder of the irresistible power of a good story.
My blogging has been a little slack lately – but with a renewed focus, I’m hoping to get going again. I thought I’d kick it off with an updated list of some of the stuff that has inspired me over the last few weeks. It might be of interest to anyone while enjoying a weekend cuppa.
1. A link to the UK Insights team and their thinking on sustainable development.
2. The Fearless Cottage blog is an “informal clubhouse” for inspired and fresh thinkers. Led by Alex Bogusky (co-founder of Common), you can catch up on how the latest generation of concerned citizens are helping drive a new era in sustainability.
3. The Guardian Sustainability blog is always a great resource
4. Great list of top 10 links on green behaviour change initiatives
5. The Natural Change Project is a fascinating report documenting the efforts by the 2011 WWF team (Scotland) to cultivate new leaders in sustainability. Nicely presented as well.
6. This article from Wired talks about how we’re inherently social animals. The influence of others change how we tell stories about the past.
7. Via the International Journal of Advertising, this is a wonderful article by Faris Yakob outlining some great books for anyone interested in marketing, communications and a deeper understanding of human behaviour.
8. The British Psychological Society’s report on the psychological impacts of childhood obesity
9. Check out The Guardian’s new and very clever Twitter-based search assistant – @GuardianTagBot. As they say “It’s rather like playing fetch with our articles, videos, galleries and audio.” I’ve tried it – works quite nicely.
10. I wrote about Chipotle’s wonderful work on an earlier post. Here’s a follow up – again, wonderful storytelling. It’s great to see a brand with a clear purpose. You can find more at www.cultivatefoundation.org
11. And finally…A wonderful video on Beauty – part of The Feynman Series.